Friday, April 28, 2017

For those of you who haven’t yet visited my
virtual gallery, I would like to invite you to see my art.
I do specialize in oil portraiture from my client's photos.
I have a lay-a-way payment plan to meet your needs.
No pressure, Pay as your budget can afford.
If you find yourself interested in honoring a loved one or a memorializing a family member or friend, I will be more than happy to talk to you.
I am easy to work with.

                        Memorial painting of Tonja Gauthier

                I was the Official Portrait Artist for the Sacramento 
                Kings 2002-03 Western Conference  Champions



                                                A Tribute to Vincent


       They are making a film titled loving Vincent. Each frame of the film is a separate painting. I cannot wait to see the finished product.

A number of years back I visited the Cleveland National Museum of Art. And in the basement I found a Van Gogh painting. I stood as close as I was allowed to, and studied the many layers of the painting trying to understand what were his first strokes on the painting, and of course the following brush strokes. 



This painting is a bit unusual for me, only because it incorporates two different styles. I did not take a very good picture as you can tell in the lower left there is a washout.
I call it, 'Old Field Slave.' The man really did exist, I used a picture that was taken in the early days of cameras. I just felt that by doing his portrait in oils, he'd will live on forever.


                                      I call this one 'Cypress Creek'

No comments: